Our portfolio contains many recoveries and re-deployments of Microsoft Dynamics 365 projects that have failed entirely or just did not deliver in full.
Projects may fail to deliver for a variety of reasons. Poor outcomes often arise because partners do not have the right staff, they lack the necessary experience, they cannot manage the project or because the initial budget was set too low. These projects can always be recovered with the help of a competent partner who is open and up-front about the potential costs and knows how to push the buttons that will fix outstanding issues.
The first step of ensuring your project meets business objectives is to carry out a full project audit. We will conduct a full analysis of your business processes and let you know the pure and unvarnished truth about what went wrong and how to fix it.
Remedial work can range from simple retraining on software and processes to reengineering the solution from the ground up. This may include revised environments, configuration code development, use of different modules (or plug-ins) or just a different approach to using the software.
Your choice of partner
Enterprise-class business management systems are never one-size-fits-all solutions. Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations (formerly Microsoft Dynamics AX) projects may fail for a number of reasons, including:
- Problems arise right from the bidding process, where one partner underbids another with no real hope of implementing successfully for the price quoted.
- The partner has not understood the complexity in the client’s business, and as a result the client hasn’t set aside enough money in the budget to finish the job.
- As soon as the project starts, the partner switches out the project team for junior or less capable staff. Insist on a core team from start to finish.
- Rushing straight into the solution design without having a complete understanding of the whole business function. Missed requirements can cause a complete, and costly, redesign.
- Implementation contracts are too vague. Ensure clearly stated deliverables and a price for each deliverable.
- Poorly planned and executed data migration is the single greatest cause of a go-live postponement.
- The partner’s system is not set up to capture concise data for each business objective, and fails to prevent slippage.
implementations - the
shortest path to success