Exterion Media is Europe’s largest privately held out-of-home advertising business, serving advertisers in the United Kingdom, Ireland, France, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain and China.
Their core business is engaging and delivering valuable audiences for advertisers through a variety of formats and environments including transport, billboards, street furniture and retail. They are also one of the leaders in digital out-of-home advertising. Exterion Media is owned by Platinum Equity, a leading private equity firm specialising in mergers, acquisitions and operations.
This Microsoft Dynamics AX project has involved the development of a complete management media module, including development of a pack builder, availability engine and simulation, artwork scheduling and pricing and 3 integrations, to SalesForce, BroadSign and Interserve. The module worked seamlessly with the remaining Dynamics AX functionality.
Project tasks undertaken
- Functional requirements gathering
- Gap analysis
- Software specification documentation
- Software development
- Work package unit and system testing
- IT user training and documentation
Other project features
- Built a new media management module
- Developed an inventory pack builder, which could utilise a range of attributes
- Built a simulation tool to show the availability of inventory for booking
- Modified the pricing module which tied in seamlessly to ordering
- Developed a comprehensive media scheduling tool
- Built interface to Broadsign, to allow automated upload of video content
- Built interface to Salesforce so that orders could be controlled from there
- Utilised TFS to control work package development and track issues
- Developed automated build and test scripts to help control code quality